Wednesday 7 December 2016

Confessions of a Former Coach who Sexually Assaulted Young Players Over the Course of 20 years

 Jim McCafferty has confessed to having sexual relations with quite a number of the young players he coached in the 1980s and 1990s. The former coach who had sex with the male players regularly, including naked showers, orgies, masturbation and fondling, said he felt the need to confess so as to cleanse his soul. In the interview he granted, he named some players he assaulted.


He claimed he had sex with one of them just to ‘toughen him up’. The former coach who is now in poor state of health, expressed remorse for his actions and willingness to face the consequences. “I have remorse. I know if I’m found guilty I will have to serve time and in my mind, I’ve said to myself that that’s what I’ll have to pay back for what I’ve done and I’m OK with that.”

  The coach said he had sexual relations with the players regularly, including naked showers, orgies, masturbation and fondling, but that none was ever non-consensual . Only one player whom he approached had ever asked him to stop.

 His gave loneliness as the reason for his past behaviour. "I was lonely and they made me feel good. I wanted their company without a doubt although the greatest interest was football.” He has offered to hand himself over to the Police. Meanwhile, the Scotland Police have launched an investigation into this claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment