Thursday 22 September 2016

I Never Slumped In Adamawa-----Minister For Women Affairs

Aisha Jummai Alhassan, the minister of women affairs and social development, has said she never slumped during her two day visit to the Internal Displaced Persons’ (IDPs) camp in Fufore Local Government Area of Adamawa state.


 Speaking through her director of information, Mallam Hassan Dodo, Mama Taraba said:

 “When I went into the stores to inspect the items, it was quite stuffy and I had to sit down, I even spoke to some press men after the inspection, I am shocked that it was reported that I slumped”. She said that after the visit she had gone to the government house and held town hall meeting with some women before finally leaving the state, saying, “I don’t know why the media will report something so false”.


 It was reported that Alhassan, who was in crutches when she arrived the camp, and after addressing the IDPs, entered the store to discuss with some of the said vulnerable women sequel to an allegation by some foreign non-governmental organisations (NGOs) on violation of some girls and women at the IDPs’ camps in the Northeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment