Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Woman Electrocuted One Month To Her Wedding

A 35 year old woman identified as Lorreta Ewere was electrocuted to death on Saturday at her Fiance's house when he tried to fix a faulty electrical connection in his apartment.

 An eyewitness in the area said: “The man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house. “He wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.

 “He mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand. “While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted.”

  An electrician was said to have been invited, who then disconnected the power. “The woman fell down and hit her head against the concrete floor. People tried to resuscitate her by giving her milk; but she didn’t come round. A lot of time had been wasted. She was rushed to a private hospital in the area, but she was rejected.  “We took her to the general hospital, where she was confirmed dead. Her corpse was deposited in a mortuary,” another resident said.

 Lorreta Ewere and her fiance Segun Tolani had scheduled their wedding for November and preparation was in top gear when tragedy struck.

 Meanwhile the victims family is blaming the incident on Tolani's stinginess saying if he had paid a professional to do the electrical work their sister would not have died.

 Lagos state PPRO SP DOLAPO BADMOS also confirmed the incident. She said: “The woman, Loretta Ewere, was electrocuted around 9am. She was living with one Segun Tolani, to whom she was supposed to be married next month. They were fixing a GoTV antenna when power was suddenly restored. Ewere, who was holding the antenna wire, was electrocuted. The corpse has been deposited in a mortuary for a post-mortem examination.”

No comments:

Post a Comment