Saturday 17 September 2016

Indian Man Chops Off Wife's Nose Over Dowry

A 27 year old Indian man Sanjeev Rathore has chopped off the nose of his wife over the inability of her family to pay a dowry of Rs 50,000 (£550). Kamlesh Rathore, 25, from Shahjahanpur her husband has been harrasing her ever since they got married eight years ago.



 She said:
He harassed me every day for the dowry. He was constantly demanding Rs 50,000. I repeatedly told him that my father is very poor and he cannot afford such an amount but he did not listen and used to threaten that he’ll chop off my nose. He has beaten me for years. He’s used belts, slippers, sticks and has always tortured me. He used to accuse me of working as a prostitute and threaten to sell me. He was always drunk. During our eight years of marriage he was very harsh with me .

 She alleges also that when she was cooking on September 14 her in-laws grabbed her from behind while she was cooking dinner.They held her down tightly while her husband chopped of part of her nose.She said that her husband and inlaws fled after he was done chopping off hr nose with his parting words being;‘You’ll now be like this forever’.

 Kamlesh quickly called her parents who live close to her and they took her to a hospital for treatment.Unfortunately ,doctors could not reattach the nose as her husband had taken it with him.


The police say they are looking for her husband,his parents, brother and sister as a First Information Report has been registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment