Friday 19 August 2016

The word Today

Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land. When it comes to pleasing God and receiving from Him, obedience cannot be over emphasized. Mary told Jesus’ disciples when there was need for a miracle at the marriage in Cana in Galilee …Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it (John 2:5b). But looking at our focal text, God expects more than obedience from us, He expects something I think is more crucial which is; WILLINGNESS. You know you can obey without being willing but you can’t be willing without wanting to obey.   A long time ago I read from Romans chapter 7, I saw from that scripture that God is more interested in what we want to do than what we actually do, Paul said … for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I (Rom. 7:15). God knew that he had no power of his own to help himself; God had to help him because He saw his willingness.   II Corinthians 9:6-8; But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. Any one that must work for God and expects to be blessed by Him must do it with excitement. Never get to serve God with a heart that is complaining; no matter what you do at that point, you are bound to forfeit the reward. All grace abounds to people who serve with a cheerful heart. Pray with me: Oh Lord, help me not just to obey you, but to be willing also in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment