Sunday 14 August 2016

The word today

II Kings 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet. As our Lord Jesus approached the day of his death, He said …I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do (John 17:4). And at the point of death, confirmed His earlier statement by saying ``it is finished’’ (John 19:30), meaning He just completed His assignment here on earth. Apostle Paul also, when the time of his death drew close, he made this popular announcement ….I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith (II Timothy 4:7). All these clearly show that God wants us to live our life to the full and fulfill our purpose on earth. This was not to be with Elisha. The man that received the double portion of the anointing from Elijah performed 13 significant miracles while alive. While God passed through Elijah to perform 7 miracles. If we go by calculation, Elisha was to come up with at least 14 miracles but did not before death came and took him. God was merciful to Elisha as He will be merciful to you today in that even in his death, God still opened a door for him to fulfill his life’s purpose. Beloved, you will achieve your dreams and visions in life no matter how late it may seem. God brought that dead man to Elisha’s grave just to complete his assignment; God will bring in men that will help you complete your assignments in life. Pray with me: My father, I thank you for your word to me today, please Lord help me complete my assignment on earth and give me power to finish any project that I’ve started in life in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment